Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Spirits in My Head

Lychee martini, rum soaked dates, craft beer, wine from Provence, just some of the spirits I have been enjoying lately.

At Aldi's clearance section, I found cans and cans of lychees (score!) and they weren't expired (double score!). I refrigerate them and once chilled, I pore one can of lychees (syrup and all) with the same amount of vodka. Now I keep my vodka in the freezer so you can serve it right away if you do as well. If not, chill it again for maybe an hour. With a martini glass in hand, place two or three lychees held together by toothpick in the glass and pour the liquid. It's wonderful. Helps to relax any guests in the house quickly.

I bought a bottle of Plantation Rum for the dates. Here in Chicago, we have access to some amazing dates. Using a small glass bowl, place the dates inside and pour the rum over it. The next day they will be plump and ready for you. I like to drizzle it over my ice cream but you can eat it straight too.








No comments:

Post a Comment