Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Easy Items for Easy Cooking

Occasionally I come across some items at the grocery store especially the ethnic sections that I use in my cooking. I look for ingredients that I can read and understand easily and not something from a scientific experiment. They tend to be in glass jars which I love. Sometimes, I am fortunate enough to come across jarred eggplant (not pictured). This is great to make Baba ghanoush or saute it with tomatoes and a lemon squeeze. The grated beets I use to add on my salads or sandwiches. Finally, Bulgaria has a selection of ratatouille jarred mixtures such as zucchini with tomato, egg plant with tomato, or a combination of all three. I use it as a sauce to go over stuffed vegetables, spaghetti squash, as a Crostini, or as a dip.

In addition, some of the grocery stores here have a section of packaged, discounted, overripe fruits and vegetables. You have to look at them carefully (no odd growth on them or squishy...ewww) but they are meant to be cooked right away. You just have to cut off some bruised areas, but they are great for stews, pies, baked, broiled, etc.







 












No comments:

Post a Comment