Thursday, April 7, 2016

All Hail the Instant Pot!

I had a slow cooker. You had to remember to get everything ready to go so it would cook all.day.long.
I had a pressure cooker where you could not blink or the entire thing would blow up.
One day, reading some RV blog (no I don't own one), the family kept talking as well as other commentators about a sale on Amazon for an Instant Pot. I was intrigued. They talked about how they can't live without one.
Clicked the link to Amazon and read about this appliance that is both a slow cooker AND a pressure cooker, while also letting you saute, make yogurt, rice, and more. Of course, I scrolled down and skimmed over the more than 4,000 reviews!  Click. Bought it.

God help me but this is the best kitchen appliance ever! Gone were two appliances and this baby sits permanently on my counter. (Well, I kept the slow cooker in storage in case I needed it to warm food at parties).
I grabbed a whole chicken from ALDI and put it in there with some Goya Adobo Marinade and pressed Poultry. That was it. It was done in 35 minutes falling off the bone! In turn, I have made chicken soup by clicking Soup and voila! There's no point in buying chicken stock when you can make it so easily.

On to pork. Cris suggested a recipe that includes pork, and two jars of yellow peppers. Yep. That's it. I went ahead and tirelessly bought all the ingredients (3) and tried it out. I clicked Meat/Stew and what emerged was the most flavorful pulled pork ever with no effort at all. We had it as sandwiches with some spicy mustard and we couldn't stop.


I have made curry dishes, different types of chili, Cuban stews and I am never disappointed. I'm telling you, forget the slow cooker; it's wasting your time! Hail to the Instant Pot!

Pic of my one of my Cuban stews:


(Smoked ham hocks are falling apart.)





No comments:

Post a Comment